Kanye West in GQ August 2014: You Need Some Kim K Skills to Win at Life 

He’s had quite an astonishing year with his marriage to reality queen Kim Kardashian and a successful world tour, and now Kanye West is sitting pretty on the cover of GQ magazine’s August 2014 issue.
After posing in a collection of Calvin Klein, Balmain, Timberland and Michael Kors for the Patrick Demarchelier-shot spread, the Yeezus star chatted about his marriage to Kim and rumors regarding Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z's absence at their big day.
Check out highlights from Kanye’s interview below and for more, head over to GQ!
On being a blowfish:
"Yeah. I'm a blowfish. I'm not a shark, I'm a blowfish. So that perfect example about me hitting my head, it's like a blowfish. I wasn't coming out of my house going to a paparazzi's house to attack them. I'm defending my family in front of my own house. I'm defending my name as someone's screaming something negative at me. That's a blowfish. People have me pinned as a shark or a predator in some way, and in no way am I that. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. I want to defend people. I want to help people."
On tabloids claiming Jay-Z and Beyonce didn't show at his wedding because of Kim and her family:
"All that, I wouldn't even speak on. It doesn't even matter to me whatsoever, who would show up. Because the most important person to show up there, to me, was Kim. And that's all that matters to me. I had to fight for that for seven years. But the fact that these other people showed up that are from such different worlds but have done such dynamic things? They're all, in a way, equal to what Kim has done in TV or what I had done in music. I was so moved that I just wanted people to stop and think they weren't sitting at a table full of fashion people, they weren't sitting at a table full of celebrities, they weren't sitting at a table full of movie directors. It really was a representation of the way we receive information today, post-Internet."
On marrying Kim:
"I feel like you're stronger as a team. Because when you know you have a team player, it's not one on the world anymore. At least it's two on the world."
On what he's learned from Kim:
"One of the reasons why I think that me and Kim are very powerful together isn't just the concept of celebrity or this mega rap star and this mega-beautiful pop star. It's something I explain to my girl: She is who she is. I am who I am. We have advisers and friends and everything, but those people are who they are and we are who we are. And what I had to learn from Kim is how to take more of her advice and less of other people's advice. There's a lot of Kim K skills that were added. In order to win at life, you need some Kim K skills, period."

 

/celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts