Blake Lively in Vogue August 2014: “I Burned My Wedding Dress” 

Landing on the cover of the most coveted fashion magazine, Blake Lively dished about her new lifestyle brand in the August 2014 issue of Vogue magazine.
After posing for the outdoor shoot with Mario Testino, the “Gossip Girl” beauty chatted about criticism she received from Preserve and how Martha Stewart saved her wedding with Ryan Reynolds.
Check out highlights from Blake’s interview below and for more, head over to Vogue!
On how Preserve is different from Goop:
"[I'm] not trying to show you the perfect life or the aspirational life. It’s real life. It’s the thing that blindsides you on an idle Tuesday that’s tragic but that also makes you who you are. It’s not about me. And it’s not about watching my journey of learning how-to, it’s about me sharing that with you so we all sort of learn together."
On getting criticized for Preserve:
"I’m sure there will be plenty of people who will say horrible things. I’m sure this interview will be picked apart. But you can’t worry about it. There have been so many things written about me that are untrue and horrifying. [. . .] People like to gossip. They bond over it. They don’t bond over complimenting famous people. I’m always the first person to defend Gwyneth Paltrow. Or any woman in a position of power, like Martha Stewart or Oprah, who gets burned. Because they have paved the path for so many other women who are doing something they believe in."
On Martha Stewart saving her wedding:
"Our wedding was becoming a disaster, and we didn’t know what to do, so we called Martha! She said, ‘Don’t worry. I’ll handle it.’ She sent her team down to save us."
On burning her wedding dress:
"Florence Welch was singing at the reception, and they brought out these sparklers, and I’m watching her sing. I look down and my wedding dress has a big burn mark from one of the sparklers. Right on the front! And it was just so heartbreaking to me."
On Ryan Reynolds lifting her spirits after the burn:
"He said, 'You’ll always remember that moment with Florence [Welch] singing and the sparklers. You have that forever, right there, preserved.' Now that’s my favorite part of the dress."
On Ryan getting involved with Preserve:
"He’s a part of it because everything we do in life we do together. If I’m working on a movie, he helps me with my character; I do the same with him. [. . .] He’s a beautiful writer — he’s written a lot of stuff for us. And he’s got a great barometer and he knows me, so he will tell me if it’s not as good as it can be."


  

 



/ celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts