Rita Ora & Adidas Team for New Collection

 

Adding to her already jam-packed schedule, Rita Ora has designed a new range of goodies for Adidas and it’s going to be amazing.
The “How We Do” singer told WWD that her latest project finds her as the first female artist to help design a line for Adidas, though she’s not sure where she found the time.
Rita began, “I don’t own a second of my life, so much so that my mom is scheduling in dinners. It’s been insane.”
“I’m a massive fan of the brand. I grew up working at a sneaker store when I was 16 and am a huge sneakerhead. It’s so cool that I’m able to do this with a brand that I sold when I was younger.”
“I’ve been around Adidas for so long growing up and actually have one of my best friends working there. I used to hang out in the Adidas offices in L.A. for lunch when I’d visit her and in the past two years got to know everyone there.”
And it sounds like things are working out quite well. Adidas Originals design director Josefine Aberg noted, “Rita is, first of all, an amazing person and colorful and outgoing. She has a great way of mixing fashion and streetwear and has a big love for the brand, and it was obvious that we needed to work with her.”
To prepare for the gig, Rita had to do her homework. “I studied all of their shoes and their archives from the past 50 years. Before I started, I wanted to meet the team that was going to do it with me. So I did a performance at their Christmas party and met everyone. I was there for four hours going through a mood board, seeing what they have, what they don’t have and bouncing back and forth with ideas. From there on, literally we’d meet every two weeks for a five-hour meeting.”
The Adidas Originals x Rita Ora collection will be comprised of five different capsules, slated to release August 21st, September 4th and November 1st.

  

 

 

/celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts