Kate Winslet in Harper’s Bazaar June/July 2014: "My Real Life is a Very Real Life"

 

Despite her high-profile movie gigs, Kate Winslet has always managed to maintain her artistic integrity, and in her cover story for the June/July 2014 issue of Harper's Bazaar, the “Titanic” actress admits her life isn’t as posh as some may assume.
The mother-of-three explains, “I know it sounds very self-effacing because people say, ‘Oh you’re a film star. People probably come to your house to do it,’ but I don’t have the time to get my nails done apart from when I’m doing a photo shoot.”

As for her marriage to Ned Rocknroll, Kate is glad there’s not much tabloid fodder. “Nobody knows him — it’s brilliant. They like to think they know him. They like to be judgmental because of his name and everything, but it’s fabulous because no one knows anything about him.”
And as she approaches the dreaded 4-0, Winslet isn’t worried about a thing. “I’m quite excited about it actually. I really enjoy getting older. You just don’t worry as much.”
Meanwhile, being both a mom and a movie star continues to pose challenges for Kate. "It's a very strange place to be, because the truth is, I'm not famous until I am in those moments. Those are the times when I am suddenly famous. My real life is a very real life. And I know I say this all the time, but it's really true. Thank God."

 

Comments

Popular Posts