Prep Time: 15 min
( Serves 8 )
1 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
1 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
2 whole garlic cloves (minced)
1 1/2 pound yukon gold potatoes (diced)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup flour
2 cup clam juice
2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon anise (finely ground)
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 pound sea scallops (cut in 1-inch pieces)
8 ounce shrimp (tail off and deveined)
1 cup half-and-half
1. Sauté onion and celery in skillet or Dutch oven coated with cooking spray for about 5 minutes (or until tender).
2. Add minced garlic and sauté another minute. Add diced potato, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoons pepper; cook another 2 minutes. Sprinkle flour over potato mixture and cook another minute or two. Add clam juice and skim milk; bring just to a boil, stirring constantly, and then reduce heat immediately. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
3. With a slotted spoon, remove at least 2 cups of potato/celery/onion mixture. Puree and add back to soup.
4. Stir in remaining salt and pepper, as well as aniseseed and thyme.
5. Simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add scallops and shrimp; cook about 5 minutes, or until shellfish are cooked. Add half-and-half and cook a few more minutes, until heated thoroughly.
Fat: 4.80 g Cholesterol: 68.60 mg
Calories: 280.90 Protein: 20.50 g