Cook Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 25 min
( Serves )
7 ounce thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon butter (salted)
2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1 whole medium onion (chopped)
1/2 cup celery (chopped)
1/2 cup green bell peppers (chopped)
1/2 cup red bell peppers (chopped)
2 can (10 3/4 oz.) 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup nonfat milk
8 ounce sharp cheddar cheese
2 cup chicken (cooked, chopped)
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 dash salt and pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, but only cook it until it's al dente (you still want a little bite to it). Drain the pasta and set it aside.
3. Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
4. Add mushrooms, onion, celery and bell peppers.
5. Cook until the vegetables have softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, mix milk and soup until smooth.
7. Add this mixture to the vegetables in the pan.
8. Stir in cheddar cheese.
9. Continue to heat the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
10. Add in chicken, pasta and Tabasco, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle Jack cheese on top.
12. Bake for 35 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and golden brown
Calories: 490.50 Fat: 22.50 g
Saturatedfat: 12.30 g Fiber: 2.70 g
Protein: 31.00 g Cholesterol: 89.30 mg
Carbohydrates: 39.40 g