Saturday, May 28, 2016
Sweet #Potato #Biscuits #Recipe
Cook Time: 15 min
Prep Time: 15 min
( Serves 8 )
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup whole milk
1 cup sweet potato (about 1 medium potato), baked, mashed
8 tablespoon unsalted butter (1 stick), frozen
Heavy cream (for brushing the tops)
1. Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix together milk and mashed sweet potato until evenly combined.
4. Grate frozen butter through the large holes of a box grater and toss with dry ingredients until butter is coated.
5. Add milk mixture and mix lightly until dough forms a shaggy mass.
6. Turn out mixture onto a floured surface and knead just until it comes together. (The dough will not be smooth.)
7. Pat into a circle and use a floured rolling pin to roll dough to a thickness of about 3/4 inch.
8. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or glass, cut the dough into rounds.
9. Gather leftover dough into a circle, reroll, and cut until you have 8 large biscuits.
10. Place biscuits on a baking sheet, brush tops with heavy cream, and bake until the bottoms are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Posted by Unknown at 5:32 AM