Saturday, May 28, 2016
Loaded Unbaked #Potato #Soup #Recipe
Cook Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 6 )
For the soup:
5 strips uncooked bacon (diced)
1 whole red onion (finely diced)
2 whole garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 cup chicken broth
5 whole large red potatoes (diced into small cubes)
4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cup 2% milk
1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt
6 whole green onions (chopped)
For the garnish:
1/2 cup white cheddar
1 strips cooked bacon (crumbled)
4 tablespoon fresh chives
1. In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until all the fat has rendered.
2. Add onion to pot of bacon and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and the potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Cook the potatoes, covered, until they are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour and milk. Whisk until well-combined.
4. Add milk to pot of potatoes. Bring pot to a steady simmer, stirring often, being careful to not let the milk boil over. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in salt, pepper, green onions, and yogurt. Cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into 6 small bowls and top with the crumbled bacon, cheese, and chives (optional).
Posted by Unknown at 5:40 AM