Cook Time: 10 min
Prep Time: N/A
( Serves 4 )
4 strips thick-cut bacon
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
3 cup whole milk
4 ounce milk chocolate chips
4 ounce bittersweet chocolate chips
4 ounce Frangelico
4 ounce Bourbon
4 scoop Whipped cream and chopped toasted hazelnuts (for garnish)
1. Cook bacon in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat until crisp and rendered.
2. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Pour fat into a small bowl and stir in corn starch with a fork.
4. In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt.
5. Stir in reserved bacon fat/corn starch mixture, milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate.
6. Heat over medium heat until, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot.
7. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture.
8. Add Frangelico and bourbon.
9. Pour into individual serving cups.
10. Top with whipped cream, chopped toasted hazelnuts, and a strip of bacon.
11. Serve immediately.