Cook Time: 25 min
( Serves 4 )
1 whole small onion (very coarsely chopped)
3 slices bacon (very coarsely chopped)
2 whole garlic cloves (peeled)
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 pound ground beef chuck
1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz.; plus more, shaved, for serving)
3 tablespoon bread crumbs
1 whole large egg
pinch kosher salt and black pepper
12 ounce spaghetti (3/4 box)
3 cup marinara sauce
- Heat broiler.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- In a food processor, combine the onion, bacon, garlic, and parsley; pulse until finely chopped, 10 to 15 times.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add the beef, Parmesan, bread crumbs, egg, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and mix gently to combine.
- Form the beef mixture into 16 meatballs (about 2 tablespoons each) and place on a foil-lined broilerproof rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a large skillet over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes; add the meatballs and toss gently to coat.
- Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan.