Cook Time: N/A
( Serves 6 )
1 whole box gingersnap cookies
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 pound strawberries (hulled and halved) (divided)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 1/2 teaspoon whipped cream (optional)
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until finely ground. (You should have about 1 3/4 cups crumbs.)
- Add butter and pulse again until completely blended.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and press evenlyinto the bottom and sides.
- Chill in refrigerator or freezer while preparing filling.
- Put half of the strawberries into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and juicy; transfer to a medium pot.
- Add sugar, water and cornstarch and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil, stirring often, until very thick and glossy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to let cool, stirring occasionally, until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Fill crust with remaining strawberries, pour strawberry mixture over the top and smooth out to ensure it fills in the space between berries.
- Chill until set, 1 to 2 hours. Cut into slices, top with whipped cream and serve.
|Calories: 390.00||Fat: 10.00 g|
|Saturatedfat: 5.00 g||Cholesterol: 20.00 mg|
|Sodium: 0.21 g||Carbohydrates: 51.00 g|
|Fiber: 3.00 g||Protein: 3.00 g||http://www.recipecorner.com|