Cook Time: 10 min
( Serves 20 )
20 whole pretzel rods
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
pink and white sprinkles
pink food coloring
purple food coloring
- Line two small baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Heat a double boiler: Fill a small or medium-sized saucepan halfway with water; bring to a simmer over low heat. Place a glass or metal mixing bowl on top of the saucepan (the bowl should not touch the water).
- Pour all of the dark chocolate chips into the warm bowl and stir the chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Transfer melted dark chocolate to a mug or large plate. Dip and swirl the top half of each pretzel rod in the melted dark chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off of each pretzel until there is just a thin, even layer of chocolate left.
- Immediately sprinkle pink and white sprinkles onto each pretzel (if desired), twirling the pretzel to get all sides covered. (We recommend doing this over a paper plate to catch any extras.)
- Place chocolate-covered pretzels onto prepared baking sheets and transfer to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set - about 10 minutes.
- While your pretzels set, melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate in a clean bowl placed on top of the double boiler. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and stir until color is to your liking. Remove bowl of pink chocolate from saucepan. Allow mixture to cool down slightly for a few minutes before transferring to a small, zip-lock plastic bag.
- Repeat step 7, using the remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate. This time, add a few drops of purple food coloring. Allow purple mixture to cool down slightly for a few minutes before transferring to a small, zip-lock plastic bag.
- Remove chilled chocolate-covered pretzels from the refrigerator. Use scissors to snip a tiny opening into one corner of each bag of icing. Drizzle pink and purple chocolate icing over each pretzel rod.
- Return pretzel rods to refrigerator until pink and purple drizzles harden. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to eat.