Ellie Goulding Poses Pretty For ELLE UK’s July 2015 Cover


Given her fierce ambition and penchant for playfulness, Ellie Goulding is quite the complex pop songstress.
And in her July 2015 cover story for ELLE UK, the “Burn” singer discusses how she dealt with fame at age 23- “When I started out, I couldn't cope with it. I didn't quite know who I was supposed to be. I was never confident in my looks. I hated my chin, my nose, my eyebrows. I was told by people at my record company to watch videos of other girls, like Little Boots, and Elly Jackson from La Roux, and try and look like them. I had panic attacks so bad I couldn't leave my flat; I couldn't bear people looking at me. I would worry that I would never be able to sing because I couldn't even get up. I was also horribly ashamed of myself because I felt like some sort of drama queen and all I wanted to be was strong.”
Nowadays, Goulding would rather the media stay out of her romantic life- “I did go on a few dates with Niall [Horan] but I was never in a relationship with Ed [Sheeran]. I have absolutely no idea where that came from and why it was turned into such a big thing. I find it so frustrating that female musicians are constantly defined by the men they have or haven’t dated. It’s something I’ve talked about with Taylor [Swift] a lot. She definitely feels that. She gets bothered by it. It’s like, you can be a great artist, you can write great songs, but the thing that everyone is going to talk about is some relationship they think you have had or not had. It’s definitely something we both think happens to female artists over male artists.”
http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/
  









Comments

Popular Posts