Cook Time: 1 hour
( Serves 6 )
6 slices bacon
1/2 cup carrots (diced)
1/2 cup celery (chopped)
1/2 cup onion (finely diced)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 can (8 oz.) clams
2 jar (8 oz.) clam juice
4 cup milk
1 cup potatoes (cubed)
1 package (8 oz.) white Cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped) (for garnish)
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels, and crumble. Reserve.
- Drain clams, reserve juice.
- Cook and stir carrot, celery, and onion in bacon fat until onion is transparent.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly.
- Add reserved clam liquid to clam juice to measure 3 1/2 cups; stir juice and milk into the vegetable mixture. Heat just to boiling, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Add clams, potatoes, and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with reserved bacon, and garnish with chopped parsley.