Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 10 min
( Serves 4 )
8 whole flour tortillas (6-8 inches)
2 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
2 tablespoon sour cream
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (or cooked chicken breast)
1 cup finely chopped onions
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
pico de gallo (optional)
blue cheese dressing (optional)
1. Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Brush one side of each tortilla (8 total) with oil and lay dry-side up on a work surface.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Add shredded chicken, chopped onions, and Mozzarella cheese to the bowl and toss ingredients until well-combined. Set aside.
3. Top 1 tortilla with 1/4 of chicken mixture, spreading it evenly from edge to edge. Cover with another tortilla so it's like a big circular sandwich. Repeat process with the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture so you have a total of 4 quesadillas.
4. Place 1 quesadilla in the waffle iron, close the lid and cook until tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes. Transfer quesadilla to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm while you make the rest. Repeat process with the remaining quesadillas.
5. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with blue cheese dressing, salsa, and guacamole.