Jessica Alba Talks No Nudity in Glamour June 2014: "I Don’t Want My Grandparents to See My Boobs"

 

She grew up in an ultra-conservative, Christian household and Jessica Alba reveals what she took away from her childhood in the June 2014 issue of Glamour magazine.
After striking a few poses for photographer Sebastian Kim in Isabel Marant and Brunello Cucinelli, the 33-year-old actress opened up about her parents and her health issues as a child.
Check out highlight's from Jessica's interview below and for more, head over to Glamour!
On being raised with a feminist attitude:
"Where I was from, you had to answer to a man if he was the breadwinner. My mom told me that didn’t need to be the case for me—I didn’t need to rely on a man. She taught me how to hustle. I was determined to be financially independent. So I started making my own money when I was 12 [with acting]. That was freedom."
On her health issues inspiring Honest company:
"That’s what really inspired me to start Honest. I had so many health issues, and come hell or high water, my kids were going to be as healthy as possible. My life was tough as a kid. I was so lonely. And I felt really disconnected from my friends because I spent so much time in the hospital with grown-ups, and felt like a weirdo. It’s a strange way to spend your time as a kid. All you want to do is play."
On making the best of her childhood:
"Well, I relied heavily on my imagination to be somebody else. Anybody else. I became obsessed with being superhuman—obviously the counter to who I really was. So with Honest, I looked around the market and saw how many untested harmful chemicals are in just basic stuff, to clean my house and the laundry and dishes."
On why she has a nudity clause:
“I don’t want my grandparents to see my boobs. That’s it. It would be weird at Christmas. And, I mean, really, if you look at the movies I have done, getting naked would never ‘elevate’ the picture.”
On female entrepreneurship:
“I think right now is a great time for female entrepreneurs. But I’ve learned that until you can prove that your business works, it’s only an idea. You have to know your stuff.”
On her relationships:
“Relationships can be tough, and I was engaged before. I’ve only had two boyfriends. In the first one, with Michael [Weatherly, star of NCIS], I didn’t have a voice yet, and he was so much older. But now [with Cash] there are no more surprises. At around two and a half years, you’re kind of like, ‘Are we in it? Are we doing this?’ And the easiest part? That would be snuggling every night.”

 

Comments

Popular Posts