Drew Barrymore in Redbook June 2014: Adam Sandler is a "Genuinely Nice, Positive Person"

She's basking in the glow of motherhood after giving birth to her second daughter in April, and Drew Barrymore took a moment to chat with the June 2014 issue of Redbook about her wonderful life.
After posing for David Burton and Diego Uchitel, the "Blended" star opened up about making time for her girl friends and working with Adam Sandler again on her upcoming flick.
Check out highlights from Drew's interview below and for more, head over to Redbook!
On being surprised that her husband chose her instead of a long, tall Upper East Side lady:
"I would love to have long, thin arms, I really would ­ but I don't. I can run a company, so maybe I am just going to have fatter arms and run a company wearing sleeves? That is my balance; nobody gets to have it all. I would take wearing sleeves and running a company. Not that running a company is the key to happiness, but while I may not be tall and thin, I am capable. Will [being with me], it does surprise me and it doesn't surprise me. However, knowing his personality and what he finds humorous and attractive and appealing, I¹m like, 'Okay, got it!'"
On raising her daughters to understand responsibility:
"I would really like to raise kids to do summer jobs and intern, and understand that if you are supposed to be somewhere at 3 o'clock, you need to be there at 3 o'clock."
On making time for her girlfriends:
"I fight to carve out the time. My friends are such a priority because they were what I had for most of my life. We are really close. I wish we could play more often, but everyone is so busy it¹s insane. But to go over to each other's houses on a Sunday to check-in, just get on the phone and talk: 'How are you? Do you need anything?' Really trying to be there is important. If I was ever in a bind, no one on the planet would have my back more than my friends."
On Adam Sandler, her co-star in Blended (in theaters May 2014):
"Some comedians are really dark in person, and that¹s heartbreaking. Adam is a genuinely nice, positive person. He doesn¹t have a mean-spiritedness to his comedy or to his nature. We both really care about goodness."

/ celebrity-gossip.net/

 

Comments

Popular Posts